WHY ADOPT A GREYHOUND?
- They are extremely clean, genetically, in terms of hereditary health problems.
- They give, want, and need an unlimited amount of love, as they are very sensitive dogs.
- They are kennel broken, thus in most cases they house break easily.
- They are clean, easy to care for, and gentle.
- They love and enjoy children and seniors, a wonderful companion and house pet for the entire family.
- They are entertaining and amusing.
- They are young (between 18 months and five years), healthy, lead trained, and instantly bond to their new family. Their life expectancy is between 14 and 16 years.
- They don't need any more exercise then other breeds. A daily walk or a romp in a fenced yard will do. They also make excellent jogging companions.
- They are very social and can learn to live with other pets (including cats) in your family.
- They become watchdogs but not attack dogs.
- They come in many colors and stand between 26 and 29 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh between 55 and 85 pounds.
- They are examined, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped, \checked for heartworms, teeth cleaned, wormed, and groomed before adoption. A minimum donation of $200 covers these services.